Smoke testing covers most of the major functions of the software but none of them in depth. The result of this test is used to decide whether to proceed with further testing. If the smoke test passes, go ahead with further testing. If it fails, halt further tests and ask for a new build with the required fixes.
What are the goals of smoke testing?
- To detect any early defects in software product.
- To demonstrate system stability.
- To demonstrate conformance to requirements.
- To assure that the acute functionalities of program is working fine.
- To measures the stability of the software product by performing testing.
- To test all over function of the software product.
Write clean and secure code with DeepSource
Powerful static analysis that takes 5 minutes to set up and helps you fix code health and security problems on every pull request.